15. Bannerman Park
Located on Martin Street. Bannerman Park was established on the site of the original Gore Cemetery, which was used for burials from 1874 to 1878 after which it as relocated to the larger Crewe Street site.
The Gore Public Swimming baths were subsequently built on the site in the 1920s but after problems with cracking they too were abandoned.
The site reverted to grazing land until the 1960s when Gore Solicitor, R B Bannerman, initiated negotiations with landowners and the Council to establish and develop a reserve of 7 hectares.